If you've spent any time on Pinterest lately searching for ways to make your next event unique and special, you've undoubtedly spotted plenty of signs. From sweet sayings to funny expressions, they add just the perfect amount of personalized detail to any gathering. While cardboard print outs and chalkboards have been the way to go in the past, I've recently fallen in love with a simple, but elegant framed glass alternative.
1. I purchased my glass frame from save-on-crafts.com, but if you are on a budget you can recycle an old picture frame's glass.
2) Chalk markers or paint pens from any local craft store (Michaels never disappoints)! I used white in the pictures above, but they come in a variety of colors.
3) If you are anything like me and not skilled at free-hand lettering, you can find tons of free templates on the internet. If you are looking for something a bit more specific, head over to Etsy to purchase a custom design.
4) A large easel for display.
1) Print out the template of your choice on a piece of paper that is identical to the size of your glass frame.
2) Place the paper firmly under the frame, making sure the frame doesn't move while you are tracing.
3) Carefully begin tracing the letters with the chalk marker or paint pen. Make sure you trace from top to bottom, as sometimes the ink can smudge.
4) Once tracing is completed, lift the glass away from the paper template to reveal your beautiful design! Let the glass pane dry for about 30 min.
5) After you are through displaying the sign, use a glass cleaner or rubbing alcohol to remove the ink.
I love the modern and contemporary look of this frame, and it's so simple and fun to do! The best part? You can use the frame over and over again at any event. I've already used mine 3 times! If you try this out, leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out!